Re: debian-installer on oldworld -- how-to ?

Hi,

[Sorry for cross-posting, but I'm not really sure were this should go]
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:10:28 +0100
Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> It won't work with quik, it will be either .coff booting from the
> serial console, miboot and the floppy target, or bootx fro mac os <10.
Side question -- does .coff booting only work with a serial console ? I
can remember booting a .coff NetBSD kernel with a standard output-device
-- never got further than the installer, though.

> Don't forget devfs=mount option, as devfs is needed for
> debian-installer, but we don't want it on the final system.
I'll try that tonight (I don't have access to the machine during the
day)

> BTW, which vmlinux+initrd are you talking about ? Where did you get
>them ?
I found those two URLs:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/
http://people.debian.org/~tsauter/d-i/images-powerpc/
and tried the vmlinux+root.bin from the 'current' iso image at:
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/powerpc/

Simon
--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the 'From:'