Re: debian-installer on oldworld -- how-to ?

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:39:07 -0500
Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> root=/dev/ram is probably what you wanted.
Thanks for your answer... initrd images get me rapidly lost :-)

But... the kernel panics with a
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
I'm quite stuck on this... what's the root device supposed to be ? I
tried a root.bin from the netinst debian-installer CD, but I get the
same message.

Any hint ?

--

Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header