Trouble getting Alsa to configure

Seems the more issues I solve, the more pop up.I have downloaded and unpacked
the alsa-driver source from alsa-project.org, but when I try to ./config, I
get an error saying The
file /lib/modules/2.6.3-ben2/build/include/linux/version.h does not exist, and
to specify another directory with kernel sources (default is /usr/src/linux).
I've downloaded and unpacked the kernel-source from
pramanikconsulting.com/debianppc in my usr/src, and symlinked it
to /usr/src/linux, but I still get the same error. how do I get this
configured?

Thanks again, you all have definitely been extremely helpful so far.

Derek