Re: j2re - A way to make it work with Mozilla ?

Salut Arnaud,

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

[...]

No. I know some person proposed helping to finish the plugin for
Mozilla. If you want to help, you can get in touch with the kaffe dev
team (kaffe@kaffe.org), they are very responsive and cool.

If you feel like it, contact Dalibor Topic, i meet him in Luxembourg
in october, and we tried to work some on the pegasos i brought with
me.

Don't contact him at the moment, he is too tired from the FOSDEM and I
already gave him some auto*tools configurations to finish for gnujaxp!
;-)

Well, now that I've been summoned, I might as well comment:

* kaffe-mozilla-oji-plugin

We get ocassional requests for that. I've got a patch sitting in my mailbox for it that makes it compile with mozilla, but it apparently still doesn't work.

In my opinion, the main problem with the oji code is that it's essentially unmaintained. So we'd need a volunteer to look into it, etc.

The other option is to make gcjwebplugin to work with kaffe. Since gcjwebplugin is maintained, I'd assume that would be simpler in the long run.

* Other kaffe-on-ppc plans

Well, I've been promising to merge in the ppc jitter code from JanosVM for a long time. I hope to have some time to do it in march, finally, now that FOSDEM is over, and kaffe's 1.1.4 release is done.

If you feel like contributing to any of these efforts, don't hesitate to contact me. That may mean they would actually get done instead of being in my TODO pipeline[1] ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] Which atm has helping Arnaud with gjdoc as a high priority item, since I want to merge in a free software javadoc tool ...