Re: Dual head on G4 Powerbook 400MHz

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 13:18, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> There was a patch for the 2.4 kernel, but it doesn't work on 2.6. On
> 2.4, you could also replace the prom_init.c file with the one from
> 2.4.20 and that would allow you to use m3mirror to enable the crt
> output.

I have had a look at the differences, and the only things I can see are
some POWER4 additions, and improving the process for opening the
displays in check_display.

When I boot, the prom_init output scrolls past pretty fast, and I think
I just see one display get opened before the LCD gets reset to a
different graphics mode.

My device-tree has a parent node ATY,RageM3p12Parent@10  with 2 children
displays: ATY,RageM3p12A and ATY,RageM3p12B
A is LCD and B is the CRT.

Would a hack workaround be to change the sorting of display nodes so
that the CRT is opened first?

Also, is there a safe way to put a pause in before opening the displays
in prom_init to review the displays found in the first part of
check_displays?

I haven't looked through the aty128fb driver yet, but what is involved
in fixing up dualhead there?

--
David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net>