Re: Installing Debian using debian-sarge-netinst.iso (powerpc)

Hi s.!

you might want to rethink not putting /tmp,/var/tmp on their own
partitions. tmp might fill up especially in a testing (sarge), dist and
that might lock up your root filesystem. then login into X might get
very difficult.
you might also want to try mounting different partitions with different
permissions. and then tmp should definitely have a noexec tag and not
share the same as /boot (ro).
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/

and don't blame people for trying to help you.

regs

* s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> [2004-02-23 08:54: