Re: Installing Debian using debian-sarge-netinst.iso (powerpc)

Incoming from Derrik Pates:
> sebyte wrote:
> >I have partitioned my hard drive, (using Apple's Disk Utility), as follows:
>
> [snip]
> And since you're installing on a laptop, why are you splitting your main
> filesystem into partitions? Especially "/boot, /tmp, /var, /usr, /home,
> etc." all on one FS? That's a very poor layout, really. Better to just
> go with one FS for your root, one for the exchange partition, one for OS

This is ridiculous advice and I wish people like you would stop
offering it.  Multiple partitions make the system far more robust and
usable in many ways, from backing it up through system stability.
This is just as true for a laptop as it is for servers.

The single partition way is simpler to install; that's its only saving
grace.  Multiple partitions make it far less fragile.

- -