Re: xcdroast-scsi bus

> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:42:47AM -0500, Adrian Crisan wrote:
> > How can I fix this? I mean to have the cdrw turned on after boot and
> > be seen by my debian system. Thanks, _adrian_
>
> You shouldn't do that. The built-in SCSI controller on this (and
> every other with onboard SCSI) Macintosh is not designed to be
> hotplugged. You are supposed to have every device on the bus

I think you are confusing hotplug (physically add/remove a device while
the bus is powered) and just powering up a device later. I don't think
delayed powerup is a problem. Connecting a device at the wrong time
can damage the controller, though.

Regarding 'finding' devices later on so xcdroast doesn't whine: there
should be a script 'rescan-scsi-bus.sh' with xcdroast. Failing this, just
do

echo "scsi-add-single-device 0 0 n 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

where n is the SCSI ID of your CD writer,

	Michael