Re: xcdroast-scsi bus

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 09:42:47AM -0500, Adrian Crisan wrote:
> How can I fix this? I mean to have the cdrw turned on after boot and
> be seen by my debian system. Thanks, _adrian_

You shouldn't do that. The built-in SCSI controller on this (and
every other with onboard SCSI) Macintosh is not designed to be
hotplugged. You are supposed to have every device on the bus
powered before the bus is scanned. It's risky to power up a
device after the computer. I know some situations (such as broken
MacOS driver partitions) where it is useful to do this, but if
you do it on a regular basis, you risk damaging the controller.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com