Re: rivafb on 12" pbook

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:07:36PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Before messing too much, please all look at the current "fbdev"
> tree & patches from James which contains an updated version of
> this driver (and others). This will all go upstream soon, hopefully
> by 2.6.3.
Could you point me to the right bk tree. The fbdev tree didn't contain
any significant changes on these matters.

> Then, as Mark says, please compare against XFree "nv" driver which is
> the reference.
Sure. This is the only source of reference for nv cards that I know of.

> I did a lot of fixes cleanups in the 2.4 version of this driver
> in my tree a while ago, though for various reasons, most of this
> was never merged nor ported to 2.6 (and I don't have any nvidia
> hardware easily useable anymore, I do have an AGP IIMX but no
> desktop Mac with AGP slot. I could try the G5 though... If the
> card is 3.3v only that may work)
I compared most parts of the driver. I didn't see any large omissions
between your 2.4 and 2.6 trees in respect to the rivafb driver. Most of
it seems to be in there now.
 -- Guido