Re: 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 and XFS anyone? (+some questions)

Aaaaaarg!!!!

I need some help please! :-/

I followed my roadmap to XFS, the one based on Juliens experience in
movin woody to XFS.

Soooo:

  - I got my sarge CD, reinstalled with:

  	hda1: Apple Partition Table
  	hda2: Apple Bootstrap
  	hda3: Linux Swap			 (1GB)
  	hda4: Linux Native EMPTY -future XFS /-	 (45GB)
  	hda5: Linux Native EXT3 /		 (5GB)
  	hda6: Apple HFS+ -Panther-		 (4.9GB)

  - I updated and dist-upgraded sarge to unstable.

  - I installed Panther in the 4.9GB partition. I plan to tune it,
    configure it, and show of to my friends with it, and when I
    get tired of wasting 4.9 GB, I will dd+tar the partition image
    to a DVD, and keep it for future installs from Linux. (This is
    possible to do, right? :)

  - I rebooted, OF into yaboot, fixed the Bootstrap with ybin,
    rsynced linuxppc-2.5-benh from that physics dept. at
    munchen.de, make menuconfiged and make-kpkg kernel_image the
    brand new 2.6.

  - I rebooted again and tested that WITH THE 2.6 kernel, I could
    boot into EXT3.

  - I created /dev/hda4 and mkfs.xfs it.

  - I rebooted and booted in single mode, still with 2.4 over
    EXT3. MOunted SUCCESFULLY /dev/hda4 as XFS in /mnt with this
    very same 2.6 kernel.

  - I remounteed RO the / EXT3 partition.

  - I cp -ax / /mnt/

  - I remounted RW the / EXT3 and fixed the /mnt/etc/fstab so now,
    the root was in hda4 as XFS.

  - I rebooted and in yaboot, I hardwired to the kernel the root
    partition,

    	boot: linux-exp root=/dev/hda4

  - It boots.... NAD IT HANGS AGAIN EXACTLY WHERE IT USED TO. With
    the very same error :_(((((

Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... :_(

--
Desperate user trying to wonder why his system refused to boot under XFS