Re: 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 and XFS anyone? (+some questions)
I need some help please! :-/
I followed my roadmap to XFS, the one based on Juliens experience in
movin woody to XFS.
- I got my sarge CD, reinstalled with:
hda1: Apple Partition Table
hda2: Apple Bootstrap
hda3: Linux Swap (1GB)
hda4: Linux Native EMPTY -future XFS /- (45GB)
hda5: Linux Native EXT3 / (5GB)
hda6: Apple HFS+ -Panther- (4.9GB)
- I updated and dist-upgraded sarge to unstable.
- I installed Panther in the 4.9GB partition. I plan to tune it,
configure it, and show of to my friends with it, and when I
get tired of wasting 4.9 GB, I will dd+tar the partition image
to a DVD, and keep it for future installs from Linux. (This is
possible to do, right? :)
- I rebooted, OF into yaboot, fixed the Bootstrap with ybin,
rsynced linuxppc-2.5-benh from that physics dept. at
munchen.de, make menuconfiged and make-kpkg kernel_image the
brand new 2.6.
- I rebooted again and tested that WITH THE 2.6 kernel, I could
boot into EXT3.
- I created /dev/hda4 and mkfs.xfs it.
- I rebooted and booted in single mode, still with 2.4 over
EXT3. MOunted SUCCESFULLY /dev/hda4 as XFS in /mnt with this
very same 2.6 kernel.
- I remounteed RO the / EXT3 partition.
- I cp -ax / /mnt/
- I remounted RW the / EXT3 and fixed the /mnt/etc/fstab so now,
the root was in hda4 as XFS.
- I rebooted and in yaboot, I hardwired to the kernel the root
boot: linux-exp root=/dev/hda4
- It boots.... NAD IT HANGS AGAIN EXACTLY WHERE IT USED TO. With
the very same error :_(((((
Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... :_(
Desperate user trying to wonder why his system refused to boot under XFS