Compilation instructions for m3mirror

Does anybody know how to compile benh's m3mirror utility?

The binary from penguinppc.org/~benh seems to have stopped working
some time after the 2.4.20 kernel and before the 2.4.24 kernel.  I'm
guessing that I need to recompile against the new kernel headers.
Might this be right?  Unfortunately I have no idea what compiler
options might be needed, and trying to compile with no options fails:

# gcc m3mirror.c
m3mirror.c: In function `main':
m3mirror.c:32: error: parse error before '[' token
m3mirror.c:59: error: parse error before '[' token

Grateful for any ideas,

Toby.