Re: 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 and XFS anyone?

On Jan Tue 27 2004 17:23, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> I sent this message 1 hour ago on the list, but it did not appear.
>
> Eugen

> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:01:43 +0100
> From: Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>
> Subject: Re: 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 and XFS anyone?
> To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
>
> I have downloaded 2.5-test11-benh and compiled it.  (I do not know if
> with or without XFS).  I had the same problem like you (kernel panic).
> All worked fine after checking on the kernel option
> ATA/ATAPI...->ProbeInternalATA/100 first (at make menuconfig).

Mmmm... now, that is an issue... I just recompiled, and rebooted with
that support, just in case (my HDD was recognised before as hda, so that
was fine anyway) and it still panics...

If you check the list, I have sent a message answering the explanation
that Juien Blanche sent where he explained his roadmap to XFS.

I am going to try to do what I said (hopefully) by the end of this week.
If I succeed, I will keep the list informed. I donŽt understand why it
refuses to boot the recompiled 2.6 kernel..

BTW, I am running Powerbook titanium, just in case it may make a
difference.

Thanks for the info!

--
J. Javier Maestro