Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

On  27 Jan, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> > The point about voltage is well taken, though. We just need a way
>> > to detect what kind of battery is installed to use it.
>>
>> That will be non-trivial. Unless we find access to the I2C bus on
>> which we can talk to the battery controller, to maybe get access to
>> more info than provided by pmud.
>>
>> But that bus may well run to the PMU only...
>
> I wasn't going to dig into smartbatt programming, thanks.

:-) Do we expose all battery-related info PMU gives us via /proc/pmu?

>> In the meantime, the voltage thingy can be hidden with an 'expert
>> mode' option, and the shutdown voltage provided by the user. If you
>> wanted to make it really good, you could even monitor the rate of
>> voltage change to be alerted in time before shutdown.
>
> I'll have to collect some data on the voltage and voltage drop rate
> (that, I expect, will depend on capacity in turn). An xpert mode it
> would be anyways.
>
> Did your voltage continuously drop even when charge left was zero?

Mostly yes, but voltage also depends on current draw. It can also go up
again when you reduce current draw.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |