Re: ext3 problems

I just changed my kernel, and I had the same problem. It seems that you can get at it from /dev/discs/disc0/part11 or so. I had to change /etc/fstab.
Good luck.

On Jan 26, 2004, at 9:41 PM, Brad Lathem wrote:

I had written earlier about a kernel problem for a powerbook g4. Matthew Harrell sent me a kernel configuration file, which I used. The kernel compiled without a problem, and I installed it. Now I get the following error at boot-up (my partition type is ext3):

checking root filesystem...
fsck 1.35-WIP (07-Dec-2003)
fsck.ext3:  No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda11
	/dev/hda11:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
	e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot. Please note that the root filesystem is currently mounted read-only. To remount it read-write:
	#mount -n -o remount,rw /
CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.

Also, the ethernet quit working. Does anyone know anything I might do? Thanks in advance.

p.s.-I looked online about this problem, but couldn't figure out exactly what the correct solution should be.

Steven Schlansker
Tech Support & Programming

Flamin' Ghost Software
http://www.fgsoft.net/