iBook screen cloning.

Hi,

I'm trying to clone the screen of my ibook g3 800mhz 12.1"  Radeon
Mobility M7 LW to a external monitor, so far i have two escenarios:

If i don't use the UseFBDev in XF86Config-4 the image in the external
monitor is ok, but the image in the lcd panel is flickering.

If i use the UseFBDev option i get no image at all on the external
monitor, in some rare cases i get a fucked up image.

I'm using debian sid, lastes 2.4.24-ben1 kernel and dri-trunk packages.

I also tried expertimental's x 4.3 without any luck.

Any help would be apreciated.

[Yes i'm aware than this has been discused before but i want to know if
there has been any improvements since then ]

--
Juan Pablo Mendoza <jpablo@gnome.org>
Monterrey, Nuevo León. México.