Re: Anyone using kterm/kinput2?

At Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:25:43 -0600,
Michael Heldebrant wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why I can't actually get kinput2 working right
> on my ibook2.2.  I have it working on 2 other i386 machines currently,
> hence the powerpc posting.
>
> I've got the locales built (ja_JP), canna, kinput2 and kterm installed
> along with xfonts-intl-japanese.  I can get the shift-space kanji input
> window to open but the cursor won't actually input text into it.  The
> kanji window moves to the right as I'm trying to type in the romanji
> fills in from the left.  It doesn't do this on i386 for some reason.

If you didn't use "language-env" package, it helps you to set the
valid Japanese environment settings.

> Man kterm or something gives an invalid character set error (but some
> Japanese is displayed as well)

Do you use woody or older?  If so, Japanese-support man-db is needed.
If you use sid, you just need to use "lv" or "jless" instead of
"less".

> and doing a CNTRL-Right Click in the
> kterm window causes a segfault.  Running xjdic does crazy things.

If your problem is only displaying Japanese font, try install more
Japanese fonts (xfonts-...).  "apt-cache search japan font" helps you.

Regards,
-- gotom