Re: powerbook and debian

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:10:22PM -0300, Federico Gamio wrote:
> El vie, 23-01-2004 a las 09:19, Sven Luther escribió:
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:12:35AM -0300, Federico Gamio wrote:
> > > El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 16:27, Jaonary Rabarisoa escribi�³:
> > >
> > > Sure.
> > > I put all the files you need at
> > > http://isadora.homelinux.net/debian/powerbook/

> > > Well, simple, look at my kernel config file that I you can find in my
> > > website
> >
> > Mmm, i would like to know :
> >
> >   1) which kernel do you use.
>
> 2.6.1-ben1 and right now I am testing 2.6.2-rc1-ben1

Mmm, where you also able to run a 2.4 -benh kernel on this machine ? I
don't think that debian-installer is yet ready to have both the 2.6 and
the 2.4 kernel as choice.

> >   2) have a look at this config file.
> >
> > And maybe ask you to contribute a bit and to try building the official
> > powerpc kernel so that they will boot on your box, and contribute back
> > your experience about it.
>
> Sure
>

> > I am not entirely sure if the linuxppc-2.4 tree i am following will be
> > enough and if i should switch to the -benh trees or not, but it would be
> > really nice if we could support these machines by default when sarge is
> > released.
>
> Well, if you don't use -benh, some things simply don't work :)

But would it be enough for the installer, which mostly needs to boot and
recognize hd and cdrom devices, as well as network ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther