Re: Keyboard backlight support in the near future?

> > Unless you plan to full duplicate pmud, please leave this feature to pmud
> > (it's implemented via pwrctl, there).
>
> Well, I will provide the ability of enable/diseble this feature.
> But I already manage the lcd bright, so you have to disable all of the
> lcd features to use pmud (well in my case pmud is useless -Alu G4
> 1.25Ghz-).

Please double check that pmud and your daemon can both open and use
/dev/pmu at the same time, then.

In 2.6, you might be able to grab the brightness control for exclusive use
by your daemon, and make the kernel ignore other ways of setting
brightness (preventing the use of fblevel or similar tools). I've seen a
new GRAB_BACKLIGHT ioctl (though no corresponding 'release backlight' to
go with it). Not sure how exclusive access works; ask BenH please.

	Michael