Re: Install debian RS/6000 44P Model 170

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 08:07:16PM -0500, Benjamin Alvarado wrote:
> Hi, again
>
> Just a question, how I boot the rs600, I can acces to de firmware, but
> with the other boot images I can't boot

I am not familiar with rs6k OF, so i can't really say. Also, what other
boot images are you talking about ?

> Can I copy you kernel into the RS600's disk, and by the firmware boot
> (i don't know 0>boot sca:0 or something,vmlinux-2.4.22-powerpc-XXX ) o
> how I can do this?

Yes, that should work, don't forget the devfs=mount option though.

Also, you could try netbooting or something.

> I'm used this images, but i cant boot by floppy the RS600

There is no floppy support on powerpc anyway.

> http://www.linux.com/howtos/IBM7248-HOWTO/index.shtml
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/chrp/images-1.44/root.bin
>
> cd debian-installer  /install/prerp/root.bin o boot.bin
> cd debian-installer  /install/chrp/root.bin

Mmm, if your machine is indeed prep based, please create a prep
partition like 6.1 says, move the kernel you downloaded from my site to
it, and launch it from OF.

Friendly,

Sven Luther