Re: Installing Debian on a beige G3 all-in-one

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:00:50PM -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
| Em Qua, 2004-01-21 às 16:27, Troy Conkright escreveu:
| > >	I had to install a small Mac OS in its own partition to be able
| > > to boot the installer with BootX.
| >
| > That would be the easiest route, except I don't have access to any
| > MacOS. That kind of puts a damper on things!
|
| You have a license, I guess you can just ask for someone to handle
| you a copy?
|
| AFAIK it is the only way short of building your own installer with a
| corrected quik.

I don't know how the Apple/Mac hardware works, but as long as you're
in the game of trying the out-of-the-ordinary you might want to see if
the sarge installer will work on it.

(FWIW the beta2 release of the new debian-installer worked quite well
for me, though there were a couple of glitches, as my first experience
with a G4 yesterday)

-D

--
Do not pay attention to every word people say,
    or you may hear your servant cursing you --