Installing Debian on a beige G3 all-in-one

Well, from what I've read in the archives, I realize this is a sadistic
thing to attempt for my first linux install! Here's the thing: I'm using
the Debian Boot-Floppy-Hfs.img to install. I downloaded Debian 3.0r1
and burned them onto disk. First, i can't get a Swap partition created,
and could use some help with that! What type is it? And second, I WAS
getting the problem of it saying it couln't use the /root drive because
it was on hdc, and not hda. Well, thanks to a kind stranger, I found out
I can switch the ide slots and it puts it at /dev/hda. Lovely, now quik
will recognize hda2 and make it bootable, BUT it still won't boot. I've
tried executing a shell and using the
nvsetenv boot-device 'ofpath /dev/hda2'
command, but to no avail. It reboots, and comes up with CAN'T open
/dev/hda2. Well, I have NO macOS on this machine, as my boss deleted the
MAC partition when he was trying to install Linux on this G3. What can I
do? I am a complete newbie. I used Unix in college as a medium for C++,
but that's as far as I have used it, and college was QUITE a while ago!
Can anyone help waljk me through what needs done? Or tell me where I can
find a boot-disk, as the installer program says it can't make a boot
disk for powerpc? Any help whatsoever would be appreciated, and thanks
in advance.

Sincerely,

Troy W. Conkright-Computer Aide
Walnut Elementary