Re: best for Linux: iBook or PowerBook?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 02:16:21PM +0000, Richard Smith wrote:
> I am going to buy a laptop for the purpose of running Linux - either a 12"
> iBook or a 12" PowerBook.  Which in your opinion is better for running
> Linux?

The IBook. First, it is cheaper, and second, the graphic card in the
PowerBook is a nvidia one, which will cause you only problem, and you
will never get such features as 3D acceleration and propper sleep
support.

The ATI Radeon 9200 which is found in the G4 ibook on the other hand is
well supported, so you should have no such problem.

A shame though that the Ibook G4 is only a 7445 compared to the
Powerbook 7447. Also, the PB 12" i saw in the shop seemed to be quite
hot on the left side where the drive is, compared to the ibook. May not
be significant though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther