Kernel message problem using transparent bridge firewall

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a transparent bridge firewall. Everything seems to work fine, i.e. network traffic is bridged transparently and the firewall drops everything unwanted, but I get enormous amounts of kernel messages dumped to the screen (all ttys) and the logs.

The problem persists if I just run the bridge (no firewall).

The messages look something like:

skb: pf=2 (unowned) dev=eth1 len=40
PORTO=6 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:53746 xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy:110 L=40 S=0x00 I=47345 F=0x40000 T=64
nf_hook: hook 4 already set.

some numbers change, but generally this is the only output.

My setup:
PowerMac 7500 with 603 CPU
2 PCI NICs: 3com 3C905CX-TX-M
Debian 3.0rev2
Custom Kernel 2.4.18 patched with the bridge-nf-0.0.7 diff, bridge utils 0.9.5, iptables 1.2.6a.

Any ideas?

Somehow I don't believe that all these messages should be generated if everything is right, or are there any processes that do that kind of stuff intentionally?

Does anybody know where the bridge mailing list moved, or if it is still active?

Also: I'd like to set up the bridge completely transparent, so it can't be reached, but I'm not sure what to do about the netmask, gw, route and other setting in that case. Setting the bridge IP to 0.0.0.0 and bridge netmask to 255.255.255.0 gives me an error. The same with the gw! Any idea what to set if the bridge should be completely invisible?

Thanks

Christian