Re: External monitor on an ibook 2

> >     erikd@miles > lspci
> >     00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth/Pangea AGP
> >     00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)
> >
> > I can turn thge external monitor on and off using m3mirror crt:[01]
> > but the image onf the monitor has a bad case of the shakes.
>
> Try the attached patch - (Owen's i think). At least works for me under
> 2.4, need to sit down with 2.6 and see what happens :)

Someone posted a patch for 2.6 some time ago. See [*]. First, his patch
doesn't apply to my 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 kernel, and second, his patch seems
very weird to me: the patch doesn't do much but substituting a struct
with another.

That'd be nice if the person that coded the patch could speak up.

[*] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200312/msg00205.html

(altough not sure, it seems to me that his patch for 2.6 is against the
aty128 patch for 2.4, weird!!)

--
Eric