External monitor on an ibook 2

Hi all,

I have an iBook and I'm having a little trouble getting the external
monitor to work (Debian testing).

The lspci output is as follows:

    erikd@miles > lspci
    00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth/Pangea AGP
    00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)

I can turn thge external monitor on and off using m3mirror crt:[01]
but the image onf the monitor has a bad case of the shakes.

Has anybody got this to work reliably?

TIA,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
When a user mailbombs me with 100,000 messages, we
call it denial of service and the guy can be thrown
in jail.  When 100,000 SPAMMERS send me one mail each,
we call it marketing.