Re: Is laptop-mode present in 2.6-benh ??

On 20/01/2004 at 01:25, Domingo Fiesta Segura wrote:

> I guess subject is clear enough ;-)  I'm just wondering because the
> laptop-mode patch was merged (AFAIK) in the 2.4 vanilla kernel. Will it be
> in 2.6?

No it isn't yet:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/debian-powerpc-200401/msg00324.html

> And if it is, how do I enable it?

Apply the patch (it applies cleanly against 2.6.1-ben1) and read
Documentation/laptop-mode.txt, it's explained there.

You can dowload version 7 from here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107373132824121&w=2
http://www.liacs.nl/~bsamwel/laptop_mode/laptop-mode-2.6.1-7.patch

I've been using it since that day (10/01) without any problem at all
(I've been using it since version 4 of the patch). Other people have
reported it working fine for them on lkml.

If you have critical data on your hd, I would suggest to wait until the
"people who know the kernel" accept it as good (ie. it gets into
mainline).

--
Kiko