Re: Can't configure network right

Whoops, my email was addressed to Matthias instead of the list.

----

Yes, sorry I was unclear about that. The IP was set to 192.168.0.4, and I was pinging .255 in a fruitless attempt to get a packet out on the network. I can't get it to send any. But, I just tried something. After running ifconfig eth0 inet 192.168.0.4, when I run ping 192.168.0.4 from my other machine, it works fine. It looks like the interface can receive data and reply, but not initiate communications.