Can't configure network right

I got my driver issues fixed, now it just won't send any data. Any ping requests other than itself and broadcast return "Network is unreachable", and dhclient fails with DHCPDISCOVER, hanging forever waiting for a response. If I ping 192.168.0.255 (this is a local IP), it only shows itself. I ran ifconfig to give it an ipv4 addr - for some reason it defaulted to ipv6 only. It still could not do anything. Thanks for any help,
Steven

Steven Schlansker
Tech Support & Programming

Flamin' Ghost Software