Re: mac-fdisk and 0x8e partitions for LVM

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:43:26 -0200
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
wrote:

> > You didn't answer my implied question: do you need to keep the Apple
> > partition format, (f.e. because you need to keep MacOS on the
> > machine)?
>
> 	Yes, it is a beige Apple Power Macintosh G3 which does need
> 	BootX.
> quik and floppy don't boot it without serious hacking, I hear, so
> until I have a working system BootX it is.
AFAIK, even quik uses the Apple partition format...

> > And, out of interest: how do you boot the oldworld G3? quik, or
> > floppy boot?? Can quik do dual booting on such a box?
>
> 	Would like to know, but I really would rather delete MacOS.
> 	Never
> found a step-by-step guide to quik that would work here, will try
> again later.
Check your OF version -- If you have a Beige G3revII (OF 2.4) I might
help you (writing this from a quik-booted Beige G3 :-). Otherwise, I
think Michel Lanners did succeed to boot one revI G3 -- you'll need a
modified version of quik's first.b though.

Simon

--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header