Re: 2.4.21-ben2 issues: RTC, Thermal and RTAS
- To: Geert Uytterhoeven <email@example.com>
- Cc: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian PowerPC List <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 2.4.21-ben2 issues: RTC, Thermal and RTAS
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:12:30 +0100
- Message-id: <20040113151230.GA12089@iliana>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20030823171845.GA1963@dat.etsit.upm.es> <20031217011849.GA26643@iliana> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20031217095241.GD2283@iliana> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031217100358.GA2655@iliana> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:13:58AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:57:07AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:43:24AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > > > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > > > > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 03:18:46AM +1000, J. Javier Maestro wrote:
> > > > > > > I just recompiled the 2.4.21-ben2 kernel several times, trying to get it
> > > > > > > running. I finally fixed the FB problem I was having at compilation, and
> > > > > > > when booting, the kernel froze in the middle of the boot, when trying to
> > > > > > > set the System time. I can track this to the RTC support, since the
> > > > > > > kernel booted nicely when I unset CONFIG_RTC.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Strange, i am experiencing exactly the opposite behavior, but then i
> > > > > > have a Pegasos, which is of CHRP lineage, and uses a via southbridge.
> > > > >
> > > > > And the VIA SouthBridge has a builtin PC-style RTC, right?
> > > >
> > > > Yep, it does. What about your longtrail, what does it use for RTC ?
> > >
> > > | callisto$ grep rtc .config
> > > | CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
> > > | CONFIG_RTC=y
> > > | callisto$
> > >
> > > It uses the PC-style RTC driver (genrtc.o is not loaded).
> > Mmm, what was your box again ? a chrp no ?
> Yep, CHRP LongTrail. It has a Winbond/Symphony Labs W83C553 SouthBridge.
Could you tell me the content of your rtc OF node ? In particular i am
interested in the reg value (probably 70/71 in isa space or so), and of
the compatible stuff (i have ds1385-rtc).