Re: Albook 15" CD/DVD burning

Hi,

Luis Sanjuan a écrit :
On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 04:47:49AM +0100, Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland wrote:

Hi,

 today I tried to get burning working with my new Powerbook 15". Has
anyone of you already burnt successfully with the PBook?

Succes here as well with CD burning on an AlBook 17" (now without SCSI emulation):

cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdc <your-image-file>

The docuumentation of cdrecord says the syntax is : dev=ATAPI:bus,target,lun

So, now, how to find the good device ?

For example :

cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATAPI give :

alube:/home/eric# cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATAPI
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a19 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: 'ATAPI'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related libscg interface code is in pre alpha.
Warning: There may be fatal problems.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus0:
    0,0,0      0) 'MATSHITA' 'DVD-R   UJ-816  ' 'DXJ3' Removable CD-ROM
    0,1,0      1) *
    0,2,0      2) *
    0,3,0      3) *
    0,4,0      4) *
    0,5,0      5) *
    0,6,0      6) *
    0,7,0      7) *

So, for direct CD-burning, you'll have to do :

cdrecord -v image.iso speed=supported_speed dev=ATAPI:bus,target,lun

BTW : first : what is new is "ATAPI:", secondly I don't know the supported speed value ]

Finally, a good command line is :

cdrecord -v image.iso speed=supported_speed dev=ATAPI:0,0,0

DVD burning not tested.

For DVD burning, you'll have to download the powerpc version of cdreocrd-dvd-pro, called, if I'm not wrong, "cdrecord-prodvd-2.0-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu" on the cdrecord ftp site. (free for personnal use)

I think You'll have to ask a key. For this, read the doc carefully.

Regards,
eric

--
NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. See / Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/