Re: 2.6 kernel on an iBook2.2

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 08:32, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> so far, I've been using a self-compiled 2.4-benh kernel.  Unfortunately,
> I can't find a 2.6 version with his patches.  Who is running a 2.6
> kernel on an iBook2.2 and where can I get (patched) sources?  Is the
> main tree good enough?

rsync -avz source.mvista.com::linuxppc-2.5-benh linuxppc-2.5-benh

will give you 2.6.1-ben (or rc1 or whatever)

or you can use bk to pull the latest.

It's still a good idea to use ben's - although mainstream is getting
closer (we can hound linus about it next week :)

I'm using this on my ibook2 (500mhz icebook) fine. Haven't tested
firewire again yet, but it works better than on my desktop (P4) - which
just switches off whenever i plug a firewire device in. been meaning to
debug that....
--
Stewart Smith <stewart@linux.org.au>
Linux Australia Inc