Re: AlBook 12"/2.4.23-pre5-ben0: bad status dma on hdc

Hi Benjamin,
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:47:23PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Note that the DVD reads ones are different (real errors) than
> the CDs ones... The CDs ones are buffer underrun (basically
> the application or driver requesting more data than what the
> drive actually transfer), we don't deal with that very well
> at this point in the ide-pmac driver.
Ah, o.k.

> The DVD ones seem to be real errors, possibly wrong region setting
> of the drive ?
That's what I suspected since they look similar to what I had on my old
i386 laptop. The situation there was that I never set a region code and
got these errors, could be the same here.
Are there linux utilities to read/set the region code of the drive?
Thanks,
 -- Guido