mp3blaster, xmms and ogg-files

A Happy New Year to all!

Now as my albook-system works very well now, I am starting to put
some of my favourite apps on the hdd.

I am running 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 with alsa-1.0.0rc2 compiled as modules.
It seems that both mp3blaster and xmms can not play ogg-files. The
output is "snoozy" with mp3blaster and to fast with xmms. ogg123
from vorbis-tools plays in a very good quality. I tried to compile
mp3blaster from deb-source with the same result. No problems with
mp3-files at all.

Any hint?

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Do you smell something burning or is it me?