Re: Debian on IBM RS/6000 7043-150

Markus Hirtz wrote:
Hi,

i'd like to install debian on a IBM RS/6000 7043-150. This is a CHEP
Machine, and so i cant boot from CDROM. I've tried many boot-disks, but no
one boots correctly. I've read a lot of Documents, but no one helps me.

did you try debian-bootdisks only? i had to fetch a zImage.prep for my PReP here from an IBM site. i found other kernel images on SuSE's sites too. no, i don't know the ibm urls any more, sorry.

ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/kernel/

There is still an KErnel Panic, the Output says that there is no device like
/dev/fd0, or there are the right root-parameters. The root-parameters i've
try is 0200, like i read in many documentations.

Christian.

--
BOFH excuse #53:

Little hamster in running wheel had coronary; waiting for replacement to be Fedexed from Wyoming