Re: Nautilus and gnome-vfs-sftp

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Lucas Moulin wrote:

> I'd like to use Nautilus to view my files on my other computer via ssh. I've
> installed Nautilus, ssh-askpass-gnome and gnome-vfs-sftp. But the thing is,
> Nautilus asks me a password, and then freezes.
>
> The reason I'm writing to this list is because I tested it on my other
> computer which happens to be a x86, and it works without a hitch. So I
> was wondering if this was powerpc-related or not.

Given how other Nautilus vfs plug-ins (e.g. Samba) work fine on PPC, I'd tend to
think that the bug is not in Nautilus, but rather in gnome-vfs-sftp.

Having just tried here on x86 (works) and hppa (fails), I'd suspect that this
could be an endian-related bug, more than a PPC-related bug. One way to confirm
this would be to try it on an Alpha, since it has the same endianess as x86; if
it works there, then we know for sure that it's endian-related.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/