Question about framebuffer...

hello,

Card nvidia:
Usually with my card (Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420) the kernel needs video=ofonly at
boot. With 2.4.23-pre7-ben0 it's not needed, but at boot it was using offb.
I have put this evening video=riva at boot, and the rivafb works ! It seems
slower than offb.
But strangely, now  when i put no options, it uses rivafb, before it was using
offb.

The 2.6.0 rivafb does not work.

Card Ati 9600 on G5, display on dvi connector: kernel freeze.
It boots, but it stop when it tried to open display with the message :
.... ok
opening display /pci@0,f0000000/ATY,SimoneParent@10/ATY,Simone_B@1

That means it's using offb is'nt it? It needs options at boot to use the dvi
connector?

--
Fleny68