Re: Sound problem in a powerbook 12 inches

El mar, 11-11-2003 a las 14:42, Wolfgang Pfeiffer escribió:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Sergio Paracuellos wrote:

> > > Does sound still work with other apps when this happens? If not, it
> > > could be the infamous 'opening /dev/dsp for reading breaks dmasound_core
> > > until it's unloaded' bug.
> > >
> > Sound doesnt works when it happens.
> >
> > ¿how can I repare?
>
> This is what helps *most* of the time here (Titanium IV) when sound is
> gone:
>
> fuser -v /dev/dsp
>
> stop the processes showing up, something similar to:
> kill <PID>
> or
> kill -s 9 <PID>
> and restart sound if it isn't available at this point, something like:
> modprobe dmasound_pmac
>
> Be careful: it might be one gets logged out of a running Gnome
> session after "kill <PID>" (or was it "killall <running processes>"?)
> ... :)
>
> HTH
>
> Best Regards,
> Wolfgang

No pid shows after execute that command.
I have a kernel with sound into kernel and other with sound like module
and both of them sound works sometimes yes or sometimes no. But when it
doesn't work if I don't reboot system sound never work.
I dont know what it happening. It is very strange.

Thanks

Sergio