Re: X performance

OoO La nuit ayant déjà recouvert d'encre ce jour du lundi 10 novembre
2003, vers 23:48, Soeren Sonnenburg <debianppc-ml@nn7.de> disait:

>> I have tried a top while playing a big DivX with mplayer and X server
>> takes 40% of the CPU (iBook 700, M6, using xvideo). Is it normal to
>> take such a part of the proc ?

> big divx's can not be playable even on a 2GHz athlonXP... so it simply
> depends on the resolution/quality... e.g. here (1Ghz G4) I can barely
> play the matrix cine trailer (.mov in 1024 x ??? resolution)...

DivX is 640x480. The problem is : why X is taking 40% of proc (and
mplayer 50%) ? With xvidix, X only takes 5% (I suppose it is not
sollicited) and mplayer takes 55%.
--
I AM NOT THE NEW DALAI LAMA
I AM NOT THE NEW DALAI LAMA