Re: Fan speed and Heat

On Nov Fri 07 2003 17:33, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 07:01, J. Javier Maestro wrote:
> >
> > I would like to post a comment on the Powerbook fans, ventilation and
> > heat.
> >
> > I am currently using pmud+pbbuttonsd, and I configured pmud to have
> > six running levels for the processor, 3 for AC, 3 for battery namely:
> >
> > 		minimum:
> > 			AC  - 500-667  MHz
> > 			BAT - 300-500  MHz
> > 		medium:
> > 			AC  - 667-800  MHz
> > 			BAT - 500-667  MHz
> > 		maximum:
> > 			AC  - 800-1000 MHz
> > 			BAT - 667-800  MHz
>
> BTW, AFAIK PowerBooks can only run at two different speeds, 1 Ghz and
> 667 Mhz for the 1 Ghz models. Certainly looks that way here:

Mmmmm... certainly very interesting 8-)  I just thought that the freq.
scaling was a "real" scaling XDDD Nevertheless, it is cool.

> The fan's running most of the time here as well, but it's not too loud,
> and I prefer that to a fried machine. :)

Yep, luckily, the fan is very quiet (for a laptop fan :) But
nevertheless, I wonder why it is running most of the time :-?

I think I will try MacOSX with some performance/usage monitor, and I
will watch the cpufreq as well, to see when the fan kicks in/out and try
to compare with Linux.

But that will be after exams 8-)  Me, I am about to die in a few weeks!
:)

Thanks for the answer, Michael. I will check on this sometime soon and
perhaps, I will even come out with something! XXDD :)

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>