Re: iBook2 radeon/X drm-trunk issues..

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 04:31, John Clemens wrote:
> Nevermind, found out the new server install appearently didn't move the
> old modules out of the way and it was trying to use the old modules.  a:
>
> cd /usr/X11R6/lib
> mv modules modules-4.2.1
> ln -sf modules-dri-trunk modules

You shouldn't mess with package-managed files like this. Instead, just remove
the

	ModulePath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

from /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, as hinted in
/usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk/README.Debian (although it may not
be obvious that this applies here, suggestions for better wording appreciated).

> > At the risk of imposing on Michael Daenzer, who seems to be the poor soul
> > who is stuck supporting the packages he graciously made from the DRI
> > trunk...

No worries, if I didn't want to support them, I wouldn't provide them in
the first place.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer