Re: microphone in ibook

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, J. Volkmann wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> anyone ever arrived in getting the microphone in the ibook (I have one
> dual USB, 700, radeon M6LY) to work?
>
> I am currently running an alsa which works quite fine (it even works
> with my suspend)

How did you manage it to put the machine to sleep without a crash at
wake-up?

The solution I found for this was on:
http://spacepants.org/hw/tibook/

Excerpt:
I found that XFree86 and the radeon driver can't actually recover
from a sleep unless the following option is also set in your
XF86Config-4 Device section:

Option "AGPMode" "4"

And it seems helped here, as from that moment on (i.e. since 1 week
ago) my machine never crashed after wake-up. Except the screensaver an
hour ago needed some time to recover.

To, more or less, understand this option I found this:
http://www.morlug.org/radeon

And for the sake of completeness: the diff for my current
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and the one I used before (IIRC: I did some more
changes then than the one above):

*** /etc/X11/XF86Config-4       Sat Oct 25 20:33:41 2003
--- /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.03.10.25      Sat Oct 25 14:27:48 2003
***************
*** 69,79 ****
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
!       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
! #     Option          "AGPSize" "32"
!       Option          "AGPSize" "16"
!       Option          "AGPMode" "4"
!       Option          "EnablePageFlip"
  EndSection

  Section "Monitor"
--- 69,75 ----
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
!       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
  EndSection

  Section "Monitor"

My current kernel is 2.4.22-ben2.

On a Titanium IV, 867 MHz.

> but I can't find how to get the micro to work.

I'm still waiting that someone will answer your question here.
Let's hope someone knowing more than me will read this ... :)

Regards,
Wolfgang
--
Profile, Links: