Newbie needs help installing Debian 3.0r1 on IBM-43P-150-CHRP

All,

I am an absolute newbie in the IBM-CHRP+Debian arena although I have been using Linux on Intel platform for a while now. I read the following document (at least 3 times) but could not figure out how to install Debian on a IBM-43P-150-CHRP system.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/install.en.html

The document seems to assume PowerMacs wherever it mentions PowerPC. After spending a good part of the weekend, I still have not found out how I should boot my system for installation. Here is what I have attempted so far:

- downloaded http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.22/
- used 'rawritewin' to create a boot disk
- inserted floppy in the system and rebooted it
- pressed F8 to get to firmware prompt
- typed 'boot floppy'

All I see is that screen flickers and within a couple of seconds, comes back to the prompt.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with installation (or point me to a doc).

Thanks
Nishi