Re: Subject: Power management support in ALSA PowerMac audio driver?

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 12:24, gm c wrote:
>       * To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
>       * Subject: Power management support in ALSA PowerMac audio
>         driver?
>       * From: dpates@dsdk12.net (Derrik Pates)
>       * Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:32:59 -0400

> I've recently acquired (ok, my employer purchased off eBay) a PowerBook
> Pismo, which I installed Debian on. I've got pretty much everything
> running nicely - DVD/multimedia playback, wireless networking, PCMCIA,
> power management, etc. I'd like to switch to the ALSA driver for sound
> support, but from what I've been able to gather, it doesn't sound like
> the ALSA AWACS/PowerMac driver has any support for power management
> features. Is this the case? If so, does anyone know why not, and/or if
> someone is working on incorporating power management functionality into
> the driver? I've fought with the dmasound driver in the kernel before,
> so if I could use the ALSA driver instead, and still be able to suspend
> my laptop, I'd definitely prefer that.

I have the same laptop and I'm running ALSA on unstable and it works
fine.  So I guess it's been fixed since a few months ago.

BTW, how is your wireless networking working?  I can't seem to get WEP
working with the Airport Extreme Base Station.  I can only run wireless
unencrypted...  (I guess I should start a new thread.)

Marshal