Re: Memory problems

Vincent Bernat wrote:

If you have bought 640 MB of RAM, I suppose you want them to be used,
this ies exactly what Linux does. Unused memory  is used for caching
purposes.

So I presume that memory is reallocated if I want to start up an app even though the utilization is 100%.. somehow it just feels like the performance is better when I just reboot and there's more free memory than when it's fully utilized (even if it's actually going towards caching..).. for example, if I'm playing some music then I get good uninterrupted quality when there's enough free memory.. at other times, there's this fraction-of-a-second interruption at times..

nirmal