Spam alert

Hi. I started receiving a whole lot of spam last night, shortly after subscribing and posting to this newsgroup for the first time. I'm not sure which brand of net-annoyant it is, but I'm receiving a lot of messages with big .exe files attached (funny that I can't open these in my macintosh household)

A lot of these say things like "New critical update" from "Microsoft" (obviously neither is true)
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp for info

I'm hoping one of you can take corrective action to kill this virus, because my mailbox filled to capacity today and started bouncing messages back to people >:(

-- Z