Re: "Setting Up General Console Font" DebianPPC error lockup

Now that sounds a _lot_ easier : you'll need to repeat *all* of the
bootargs when you run `setenv', then do not run savenv, go straight to
`bootd'.

Thanks for the clarification, Thomas.

Erm - did I miss the <irony/sarcasm> tag here ;-) ?

No sarcasm intended, the instruction was for the OP (could have made
that clearer).  We're talking AmigaOne here, otherwise I wouldn't have
jumped in at all.

I have a great AmigaONE computer
                 ^^^^^^^^
Sorry, my bad, overread ^that word of the OP all the time %) - if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have replied at all, assuming this is an AmigaONE specific problem - so thanks for clarifying ;-).

We haven't got a boot selector yet.  The environment can point to
exactly one partition for booting, and if I've read it right it will
load the first file on that - it has to be a PReP partition, and since
it doesn't have a filesystem I guess there's only ever one file.
Alternatively, you override it to boot from a different PReP disk
partition, or a CD.  It's fun, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

Wonder why they didn't use openfirmware like most PPCs - backwards compatibility to older AmigaOS - or is this firmware not as "open as in speech"?

     -Thomas