Re: swiss german keyboard config needed (xev results)

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 11:44, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 August 2003 5:33, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > I can get the fourth level with Mode_switch-Shift-key (as opposed to
> > Shift-Mode_switch-key, which becomes Multi_key-key),
>
> OK, I got it. It's a bit wierd to get to Mutli_key, but it works OK as a
> default.

Yeah, Multi_key should only rarely be needed anyway.

> I'll probably add another variation to make Mode_switch the shifted
> symbol.

And disable the fourth (or third?) level, or at least make it hard to
reach?

> Another problem will be the Enter symbol. Is that expendable?

I think so, but we could make it available with fn, which would be
consistent with the rest of the numeric keypad?

> > and IIRC it onlyworks that way even on the extended keyboard with the right
> > alt key.
>
> I have a British Pro Keyboard, and the control, alt, and logo keys are
> considered separate _L and _R keys. My narrow US iMac keyboard also considers
> the logo keys _L and _R.

Yeah, I mean I can only get at the fourth level with Alt_R-Shift-<key>
there as well, not with Shift-Alt_R-<key>, but it seems that's because
I've already customised Alt_R to be Mode_switch and Multi_key. :)