Re: Create my own System 7.5.3 HFS-CD?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:04:01PM +0200, Bj?rn S?derqvist wrote:
> I am installing System 7.5.3 which I downloaded for free to my PC. I
> made a ISO 9660 CD-ROM containing all the files. Then I booted up the
> mac using "disk tools". The problem is, that system can't read ISO 9660
> CD's! So now I would like to create a HFS-CD in my PC.
> I've read that this is possible using "mkisofs". Anyone here who has
> tried, succeeded and written it down maybe?

Creating an HFS CD image with mkisofs isn't that hard, I burn almost all
of my data CDs as ISO9660+Rock Ridge+Joliet+HFS. The main thing you need
to do is add "-hfs" to your mkisofs arguments. You'll probably also want
to add an argument to tell mkisofs how your file is stored so that it
will know how to handle any resource forks and type/creator codes that
go with it. The mkisofs man page has a long section describing all the
HFS-related options, but those are the only ones you really need.

--
Michael Heironimus